Thursday, July 17, 2008

It's A GIRL!!!!

It's A GIRL!! This is the best news of the post. It is so exciting. This was a great experience for me. Last week I was able to go with Julie to the doctor's office so she could have an ultrasound to make sure our baby was healthy and find out if it's boy or girl. This was the first visit that I was able to attend with Julie. It was so exciting. We were called into the ultrasound room an hour after our assigned appointment (the doctor had two unscheduled C-sections). The guy who performed the ultrasound was the same guy who performed Julie and mine. He told us that he has done over 19,500 ultrasounds. At first the doctor thought that we wouldn't be able to tell if it was a boy or a girl, but then she moved and we were able to see. The doctor showed us two lines on the ultrasound and then said do you know what that is, we said that we didn't know and he said it was a GIRL! Then we got to see the spine and heart. It was really cool to see the heart move on the screen. It made the whole thing so real to see her move around. As the doctor continued to poke and prod Julie's tummy our little girl started to move. She was first folded in half with her feet by her face, we then watched her stretch out with her hands over her head and her legs straight. It was so much fun. The doctor tried to get her profile, but apparently she likes to look at Julie's spine and we never got a profile of her face. Julie and I are so excited to prepare for our little girl to arrive. We have her crib up and also have a bassinet for her. Little by little we are getting more prepared. We just can't wait.

The fourth of July weekend was good to us. We were able to spend some time with Julie's extended family. Teresa, Brutch, and Keith were in Driggs that weekend for Keith's All-Stars Baseball Tournament. Thursday July 3rd we were able to go to Grandma and Grandpa Mecham's house and have a family get together. It was a blast. We were able to watch a talent show with all of Julie's cousins. It was very cute. One of the highlights for the night was the Family History Treasure Hunt that Grandpa and Grandma Mecham put together. It consisted of all the grand kids running around the back yard to find clues to the next piece of the puzzle. It was so much fun. We got to hear about how things were in Firth back when they were growing up. It was neat to enjoy the stories that were shared. To everyone's surprise there was even real treasure at the end of the hunt.

The fourth brought picnics and water fun. It seemed like every few hours there was another picnic to go to. Julie's little cousins enjoyed playing in the water to pass the time. It was so much fun to watch them enjoy the water. Julie and I filled water balloons for the cousins and they had a blast with them. That night we had dinner with my family and hung out with them. Then off to the big firework show. It was a lot of fun to see all the fireworks this year. Julie and I took my little sister (Sadie) with us and enjoyed the great aerial display.

Another big event so far this summer was the Carlson Family Reunion. This was a blast. This was my first time to this reunion and it amazed me how welcomed I felt. I could have sworn I had been a member of this family my whole life. They were so sweet and fun. We went to Cherry Hill in Kaysville, UT for this family reunion. Here we played in the water, rode water slides, and hung out in the shade ( we also found time to play a little Wii). It was a good time and Julie and I enjoyed hanging out with the family. Kent and Keith were fun to be around. I hope they had as much fun hanging out with us as we did with them.

Julie and I have a trip to North Idaho to look forward to here next month. I am going for work and she is able to accompany me. It will be her first time to North Idaho. We are going to Sandpoint to work on Lake Pend Oreille and enjoy the great weather to have fun. We are also looking forward to our 1 year anniversary on Aug. 4th.

3 comments:

MiChElLe said...

CONGRATS!!!!! Girls are so much fun, dramatic, but fun! Keep me updated on her so that I get to see her. Take care! Michelle

Brenton and Andrea said...

YAHOO!!!! I totally called it guys! I am so excited you got to find out! The best part is it can be friends with Amber's little baby, you both will have adorable little princesses!

Rachel said...

Congratulations Kurt and Julie! Mark and I are excited for you!