Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween and Beyond!!

It's funny how things can be so quiet for a couple of weeks and then in one weekend so many fun events can happen. This last Friday for Halloween we sat at home wondering what to do. Julie doesn't like scary movies but she said that I could find one on t.v, and she would watch it with me. This was a big sacrifice for her, maybe she just wanted to go into labor early, who knows. So we started to watch a scary movie and then began to make sugar cookies. The sugar cookies were so much fun. Julie prepared the dough earlier in the day so we used her mom's cookie cutters and made some cute pumpkins, bats, and ghosts. Then we colored the frosting with food coloring. I was in charge of mixing the food coloring and if I do say so myself I was pretty good at mixing the colors. After making the cookies and frosting them our cool neighbors came over and asked if we wanted to come over and watch a scary movie with them. It was so much fun. We watched the movie Skin Walkers. It was fun to do something with our neighbors, they are so nice. As for the number of trick-or-treaters if I did my calculations correctly we ended up with ONE. It is sad how the door to door trick-or-treating tradition has died.


Saturday morning Julie had a baby shower to go to. She seemed to have a blast and received oodles of cute, fun gifts. As you can see our little girl won't have to be afraid of going cold. She received a blanket from every grandmother. They are all beautiful. Other gifts included a diaper cake (very cute), a diaper box, head band, a pink and purple bouncer, medicine, and other fun and useful gifts. Also Julie and I have chosen what she is coming home in. We thought this was cute. After the baby shower Julie and I worked on getting our little girl's room ready. Also she decided to get her bag ready in case we need to run to the hospital soon. (Vandy, as you requested :) the outfit she is coming home in is posted below).

Julie went to the doctor on Friday and found out that her body is preparing to deliver this baby. She is possibly dilating to a one or a two. Friday night Julie started having contractions that were spaced about 4-7 min apart but only lasted for 5 or 6 contractions then stoped. It was a little nerve racking thinking it could happen. I don't know if anyone is ever ready for the baby until after the baby's arrival.


Saturday night Julie and I were able to have fun with both our parents and Julie's grandparents(Mecham). We went the the Bingham Memorial Hospital Harvest Moon Gala. It was a lot of fun. Julie was able to get some tickets from work and so we were able to have a fun night on the town. We hoped Kraig and his date could attend but she had some family in town and was not able to come. The night was full of food, dancing, and silent auctioning. I tried to talk Julie into biding on the Carribean Cruise but she said for some reason that we couldn't afford it. It was auctioned off for 2400 dollars. The dinner was good at the gala and we all had fun. It was fun for Julie and I to see our parents having fun dancing the night away. Here are some pics and video from the night.














7 comments:

Brenton and Andrea said...

How cute! It's looks like you guys have had a lot of fun together lately! You are naming your girl ainzley? Is that right? I am excited for you guys! Not very much longer!!!!

Rachel said...

Yay Julie you look great! We are so excited to meet your new little addition!

pntmom said...

i csn't tell exactly what color the outfit is so you got to leave me a message so i can make them and bring them over before you have the baby. vandy

Chad and Whitney Patterson said...

You had a baby shower and I didn't even know about it!??!?!?! Sad day! It's ok, I still love ya!

Jaimie said...

Okay, for some reason I've been thinking the name was Maizley. Wierd! Bummer I couldn't be at your baby shower. Oh well, you weren't at mine I guess. Oh wait, I didn't have one... :) You look beautiful. Good luck to you both! Can't wait for that call (or text, or whatever...)!

Kristen & Steve said...

Your blog is so cute! And your baby is going to be here any day! That's so exciting!!! Things are great with us! Thanks! :)

Harper said...

We're excited for you! The nursery looks great!