Tuesday, May 12, 2009

For Those Who Don't Believe in Coupons


Hey everyone! So lately, thanks to Kurt's mom we have been able to learn how to do what is now called "couponing." As we have told others about it, some kind of blow it off. Well after our shopping today we just had to share our "belief" in couponing with everyone. Today Kurt and I went shopping and spent $29.62 on 36 items. Which is an average of $0.82 an item. The best part is guess how much we saved!!! Are you ready... drum roll please... $109.01! No one can tell me that couponing is not worth it. Above is a picture of all the items we got from shopping today. They are awesome brand name items that we not only needed, but will help us build our food storage also. Here are just a few of the great deals:

Cereal-$.50
Kraft Dressing- $.25
Formula- $.82
Dish Soap- $. 50
Velveeta- $.75
Ritz Crakers- $.88
Wheat Thins- $.99
Triscuit- $.99
And other great deals...

We also had a good Mother's Day. We went to Logan to Kurt's grandma's and got to spend time with his family and talk to Tyson. We also got to see my family later Sunday night and got to talk to Kevin. Both of the missionaries are doing great. Kurt and Ainzley gave me these beautiful flowers and some awesome hair products since I recently chopped my hair off. Sorry we don't have very many pictures we forgot our camera!



10 comments:

Jess said...

I so agree on the coupon thing! I am saving so much! It's so worth it! :)
Glad your mother's day was good!

Jaimie said...

Yay for coupons! I totally use them. Why the heck not? Where do you get them from?
I need a picture of the hair Julie. :)
Beautiful flowers!
Can't wait to see you guys. 3 weeks and I'll be in Idaho.
Oh, mom told me about a girl that wants to build her portfolio so she is offering free photography. Let me know if you are interested for Ainzley. I can get the info for you.
Love ya!

Lance and Darcie and Auzzy said...

Couponing is a great thing. I so need to be better about it myself. So I want to see your new haircut.

Michelle said...

I agree go couponing!!! :) We LOVE it too. I NEED to see pics of your hair!

Andrew and Shandee said...

Wow that is amazing!!! Good job. Oh when and where is this high school reunion at?

John & Amber said...

Don't you just love the coupons! They've helped me SO much out here it isn't funny! I'm glad things are going so well for you guys!!

Chase and Renee said...

wow looks like i need to start couponing!!!

Brenton and Andrea said...

Hey Juls- so it's the no-cry sleep solution by Elizabeth Pantly. It's a book or you can read about it on the web. I LOVE it!!! If you rock her to sleep say 10 min. before she falls asleep start shortening it once she is weaned off her night feeding. Once she is weaned, only rock her 8 min., then the next night only 6 min......even if you have to put her down drowsy they usually will fall asleep. Eventually she will be weaned off being rocked at night to fall asleep too. Hope this helps and you can get some sleep soon!!!! :) Miss ya lots!!!

The Hunzikers said...

Can you please teach me how to do the coupon thing??????

Brinkerhoffs said...

I have heard about the coupon thing and would love to learn about it. If you can tell me anything, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Bekah