Friday, January 29, 2010

The Best Couponing Trip Ever!

Well it's nice being back to the blogging world. It has been a little to long. Earlier this month Julie went to a friend's bridal shower and left the lovely little tornado with dad. She was not happy. When mom leaves at night the world comes to an end. She cried for about 50 min straight and then decided to lay down behind dad and this is how he found her. (Picture 2). She is growing up so much. She has now been going to sleep pretty much on her own and sleeps through the night. (Yes, I know a lot of you that are reading this have kids that have been doing this since they were born. Yes, we were jealous and are looking forward to the easier night time routine). Ainzley has also stopped using a bottle and now drinks from a big girl sippy cup. (It has flowers on it! :) She is starting to talk a little more and now can say the words mama, dada, grama, boo (she likes to scare you, she gets it from her dad), makes pig snorts, growls like a tiger, and imitates and Indian. She is so cute and we love that she is part of our family.

We have been able to go couponing a few time lately and have done pretty well. We have gotten some great deals at Walgreens , Fred Myer and Smith's. This picture shows what we were able to get at Walgreens. It took 12 purchases and going back and forth between two Walgreens locations but we did it.

What would you guess all of this would cost?







Regular Price:
$261.68





What we Paid:
$72.05

That's a total savings of 73%!!!

We ended up with:

2 Nivea Shower Gel
3 Colgate Toothpaste
4 Tubs of Almonds
2 Quaker Quakes Rice Cake Snacks
3 Things of Deodorant
4 Carmels
4 Bags of Tostitos Chips
4 Jars of Tostitos Salsa
3 Box of Theraflu
3 Boxes of Lipton Tea (We had to buy to get the deal, Julie gave away at work)
2 Neosporin Lip Balm
2 Jergen's Body Lotion
4 Dawn Dish Soap
2 Cans of Cambel's Chunky Soup
2 John Frieda Hair Care
2 Curel Body Lotions
4 2-Liter Diet Pepsi
4 12-pack Diet Pepsi
2 Vick's Dayquil
2 Vick's Nyquil
2 Crest Pro-Health Toothpaste



If you thought that was good just wait and see this deal. This was the best I think we have ever done. We hit Smith's, Albertsons, and Fred Myer. Here is what we got for free.


And this is everything that we bought.


How much do you think this would have cost?





Regular Price:
$330.60




What We Paid:
$82.10


That is a total savings of 75%!!!


This is what we ended up with:
8 Laundry Detergents
8 Packages of Cheese Singles
8 Packages of Shredded Cheese
20 Cans of Tuna
4 Boxes of Quaker Oatmeal
1 Box of Quaker Pancake Mix
6 Cups of Fruit
20 Sobe Life Water
6 Boxes of Grape Nuts Cereal
4 Boxes of Finish Dish Detergent
4 Boxes of Capri Sun Juice Drink
3 Boxes of Kleenex
4 Boxes of Fiber One Granola Bars
3 Bottles of Mustard
8 Cans of Hormel Chili
6 Boxes of Toaster Strudels
1 Crest Pro Health Mouthwash
3 Bags of Green Giant Frozen Vegetables
6 Boxes of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
2 Boxes of Ritz Crackers
20 Bags of Quaker Quakes Rice Cakes
2 Bags of Goldfish Crackers
2 Ice Scrappers

Julie and I have so much fun couponing. It is the best game that we have ever played. It gives us such a thrill to go and get all the deals that we have been able to get. The Lord has blessed us time and time again by couponing. We feel so grateful to have been able to stretch our finances at this time in our lives when funds seem to be a little tight.

Oh and P.S. just because we are curious if you read this will you just post a quick message :) We like to see how many of our friends and family get to see our blog. Thanks

18 comments:

Kelli said...

The first pic of Ainzley totally reminds me of a face Ryan pulls on me when he is mad at what I have said to him! They must be cousins :) And, I am amazed at your couponing, I've tried and I can't wrap my head around it all. Luv your family!

Marjay said...

Hey guys, I love that you are so thrifty. I wish I lived closer so you could teach me the tricks of the trade. I've just started and haven't quite caught the flare for it. But I like saving. Anywho, love you guys. maria

Chad and Whitney Patterson said...

I'm so glad that you updated your blog! I still need to stop in for a visit one of these days!! Love ya!

Rhonda said...

Hey Kurt, I haven't seen you since high school, but I really enjoy reading your blog. Ainzley is so cute! - Rhonda (Twitchell) Barrow

Unknown said...

We love checking in on your blog! Keep it going!! So proud of you and your sweet family!! I'm sure you alreay have been to Albertsons this week...but if not they are having a GREAT deal right now on some Cereals($1 each)...if you happen to have a coupon or two...could be even better!

Brenda P. said...

Julie,
You are amazing! That is so awesome, how you do all the couponing! Your blog looks great!
Love ya,
brenda:)

Stacey said...

Hey guys! Here is my comment: "YOU ARE AWESOME!!" That is probably the best couponing I have ever seen in my life! Good job!

Kara said...

Hey Julie and Kurt,
How are you guys? Your little girl so too cute :)I am so impressed by your couponing. I have been wanting to coupon for a while now, but just don't know how to do it. Are you really able to get everything you need?

Jaimie said...

Wow, I still just can't believe how big Ainzley is getting. Every time I see a picture of her I can't believe it! Such a cute little girl!

devrie said...

heck yes i read your blog! you're awesome! and oh my heck that ainzley is HILARIOUS! love her!

Ader Family said...

I definitely try to keep up with everyone through blogs - but I don't always get the chance.
That's AWESOME how much you guys save couponing. I should seriously start doing that.
Hugs and loves!!
~S

Nick, Kelsey, Makoy, & Spud said...

I want to learn how!!! That's amazing!

Peterson Family said...

Typical child--throwing fits seem to be in style especially when left with someone they don't want to be with or when life doesn't seem to go the way they want. Wouldn't it be nice to just throw a fit when life isn't going the greatest and have every one turn there head and ignore you instead of making a fool of yourself if you did that! Children are so funny! I love the pictures of Ainzley! She is so adorable and growing up so fast! You guys are great couponers! It's great that you do it together! It's nice to have the buddy system when you are couponing. Jason loves that I get deals but doesn't like to do the shopping at all. I think it embarrasses him. Oh well, we've got food storage because of couponing and I am also grateful for it! You guys have really done awesome though! Good for you guys!

Lance and Darcie and Auzzy said...

Ainzley is getting bigger. It is always fun when they get more animated. Glad to see you are all doing well.

Stefanie Sayre said...

teach me your ways! ha ha that is awesome

Michelle said...

Way to coupon! It was fun to see what you got compared to what I got! It looks like we hit the same sales :) I am so addicted! I LOVE IT!!!

Chelsea said...

Wow that's totally unbelievable the savings. I wish I had the patience for couponing. Ainzley is getting cuter and cuter. I know you're having a blast with her.

The Hunzikers said...

Okay, seriously, you guys need to teach us how to do this. Does it work if you only have 1 grocery store?